Importance and Benefits of Ayatul Kursi
Importance and Benefits of Reciting Ayatul Kursi
Ayatul Kursi is an Ayah of Surah Al-Baqarah (verse255). Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) said it is the most important Ayah in the Quran. It is one of the four parts of the Quran that are attached to Arsh (Allah’s Throne). The significance of the Ayatul-Kursi can be invoked from these sayings of prominent holy personalities. Hazrat Ali (R.A) said, “The Ayahs leader of Quran Kareem is Ayatul Kursi.”
Holy Prophet (ﷺ) said: “Whoever recites the first 4 ayahs of Surah-e-Baqarah, then Ayatul Kursi and then the last 3 ayahs of Surah-e-Baqarah will not be inflicted with any kind of difficulty in his wealth or himself, Shaitaan will not come near him and he will not forget the Quran.”
Hazrat Ibn Masood (RA) said, “Allah the Lofty did not create anything in the skies or on earth, in Jannat or Jahannam, loftier than Ayatul Kursi.” Hazrat Ibn Masood (R.A) also mentioned that no space in the sky or on the earth is loftier than AyatulKursi.
Benefits of Reciting Ayatul Kursi
Below are some benefits of reciting Ayatul Kursi that every Muslims needs to know:
- One who recites Ayatul Kursi every morning will be in the protection, the safety of Allah until the night.
- If a person recites it once, when going out of the home, Almighty Allah has a group of Angels to come and protect him/her. If recited twice, then two groups of Angels are assigned to do this. If recited thrice, Allah tells the Angels not to worry as the Almighty himself takes care of the person.
- Allah Almighty told Hazrat Musa (A.S), “If one recites it after every Nimaz, the Almighty Allah will make his heart a thankful one, will give him a reward of the Prophets and his deeds will be like those of the truthful and nothing except death will stop will stop him from going into heaven.”
- Holy Prophet (SAW) said: “These things increase ones memory: sweets, the meat of an animal which is slaughtered in Islamic manner near the neck, Lentils, cold bread and recitation of Ayatul Kursi.”
- Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “If one recites Ayatul Kursi before going to sleep, Allah will send an Angel to come and look after you and protect.”
- One who recites Ayatul Kursi after every prayer, their Nimaz will be accepted, and they will remain in the safety of the Allah Almighty and He will protect them.
- Frequent recitation of Ayatul Kursi makes one’s own death easy.
- When someone is alone in the home, recitation of Ayatul Kursi will make him/her remain calm and will not fear.
The Holy Quran is a complete code of life, a code which many of us tend to forget for worldly pleasures. We should tend to follow the guidelines mentioned in the Holy Quran. Every single Muslim should memorize Ayatul Kursi and recite it as much as one can. Ayatul Kursi is one of the blessings of Allah Almighty that can help us stay away from all kinds of Evil in this world. Let us start from today the recitation Ayatul Kursi.